Gardening: calling all Green Thumbs! This spring, we’ll need your help to create a native plant garden at our new office.
- Stewardship and Restoration: join us on the land, and lend a hand to help remove invasive weeds, water bitterbrush, and restore natural habitat throughout the year.This commitment can be up to four hours per day, three times per month. Use of a 4X4 truck would also be an asset!
- Cleanup Days: the Great Sierra River Cleanup in September is an all-hands-on-deck responsibility to keep our Eastside waterways clean. We’re always looking for help with our periodic Highway Cleanup efforts, too.
Youth Education: our annual Sunflower Garden Project is a great opportunity for volunteers who want to work with our local elementary school children and lead fun, hands-on activities that teach kids about life in the garden.We would greatly appreciate a commitment of1 hour every Tuesday and Thursday morning in May.
- Office Responsibilities: we always need help in the office to stamp, seal, and address envelopes. We will also be looking for volunteers to help us to prepare our bi-annual SierraScapes newsletter this spring and fall.
- Special Events: ESLT is planning some exciting events for 2015. Join in the fun by helping us plan and prepare!
- Photography: we need your beautiful pictures of the Eastern Sierra! Particularly ones with you or your friends and family in them, enjoying what you love about our magnificent region. Send us your favorites, and we’ll be sure to credit you when we use your work. If you are interested in going out to one of our protected properties to take photos of the preserved landscape, please contact and we can help make arrangements for your visit.
We hope you’ll become a part of our collaborative efforts by signing up to volunteer with ESLT in 2015. To add your name to our volunteer list, simply email Sara, ESLT’s Education Coordinator and AmeriCorps Member, at . Please specify the activities or type of volunteering you’re most excited about. We look forward to working with you!