Eastern Sierra Land Trust is hiring! Are you or is someone you know looking for an opportunity to go to work to protect vital Eastern Sierra lands? ESLT will be adding an Office Manager to our team as soon as possible. Apply to come work with us today!
The part-time Office Manager plays an integral role in carrying out Eastern Sierra Land Trusts mission, and will work collaboratively with the ESLT team by maintaining the daily administrative functions of our busy office and supporting the Executive Director as needed.
Key Responsibilities and Activities:
- Provide day-to-day management of ESLT office.
- Maintain organizational files and recordkeeping (digital and hard); maintain office services by organizing office operations and procedures; review and approve supply requisitions; answer phones and distribute mail and messages.
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director, and other staff as requested by supervisor.
- Manage ESLTs donor database, including processing gifts and preparing acknowledgment letters in collaboration with the Development Director.
- Provide administrative support for ESLTs programs and projects, fundraising activities, and events.
- Prepare deposits and materials for bookkeeper.
- Organize volunteers to assist with in-office projects, such as events and member mailings
- Be an active ambassador for the mission, vision, and accomplishments of ESLT, working to engage the public, members, volunteers, and staff.
- Excellent computer proficiency, specifically: database management, Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently with efficiency and professionalism.
- Experience in a professional office environment, attention to detail and a strong desire to learn.
- Skill in managing multiple projects and/or programs. Ability to layout work tasks, identify and analyze resources, and to complete tasks on time, on budget and of a high quality.
- Excellent communication skills, including: writing, speaking, and listening.
- Friendly can-do attitude and sense of humor.
- Enthusiasm for conserving vital Eastern Sierra lands for people and wildlife and knowledge of ESLTs existing programs.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends; occasional lifting (office supplies, etc.) of 25 pounds; computer use and keyboard entry up to 8 hours per day.
This position is part-time (approximately 20 hours per week), non-exempt hourly and includes paid leave. Compensation $15 – $18, commensurate with experience. This position is supervised by the Executive Director.
Along with a resume, please e-mail a cover letter explaining why you are interested in this position and your relevant experience to: Kay Ogden, Executive Director, . No phone calls, please. ESLT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. **Please note: We will review your cover letter to determine whether you qualify for an interview.