Eastern Sierra Land Trust is hiring! Are you or is someone you know looking for an opportunity to go to work protecting the Eastern Sierra? ESLT is hiring a Database Coordinator to join our team here in beautiful Bishop, California.
Apply today to come work with us!
The part-time Database Coordinator will fill a critical role as the manager of our donor database. They will work closely with the Philanthropy Manager and Executive Director to ensure donor relations needs are met.
- Manage and operate our DonorPerfect database. This includes entering data, managing and keeping data clean and updated according to set data entry protocols, expanding notes, combining duplicate records, tracking individual relationships, and running queries and exports. You will develop and implement data entry standards, procedures, and best practice guidelines and ensure adherence to these standards throughout the organization.
- Create monthly status reports and make recommendations. This includes designing and implementing database queries and data exports to analyze giving trends and outcomes, and working with the Philanthropy Manager to develop monthly, quarterly and annual reports and recommendations.
- Manage and operate our mailing lists.
- Oversee mailings and volunteers.
- Support the Philanthropy Manager. This includes assisting with donor stewardship programs including prospect research, analyzing data to determine effectiveness of focused efforts, and creating special correspondence for targeted audiences.
- Manage donation process.
- Oversee the quarterly and year-end gift reconciliation with bookkeeper.
- Attend trainings and seminars to keep skills current.
- Participate in meetings with our Communications program and other staff.
- Provide key support for fundraising and member events.
- Fill other duties as assigned.
- Commitment to our organizational mission.
- Analytical mindset and problem-solving skills.
- Two years previous development, administrative, and/or service experience, preferably in a nonprofit organization.
- Detail-oriented, highly organized approach to tasks.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under pressure without losing productivity or attention to detail.
- Professional attitude; team mindset; ability to collaborate in setting and meeting team goals and deadlines.
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining confidentiality and good working relationships.
- Knowledge of database structures, preferably Donor Perfect.
- Strong data analysis, organizational, communication, administrative, and computer skills.
- Ability to work effectively both in teams and independently.
- Ability to communicate warmly and clearly in person, over the phone, and through email.
- Ability and desire to be in a work environment that values working as a team, relationships, and giving and receiving honest feedback.
- Valid California Driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, G-Suite, Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Ability and willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends.
This position reports to the Executive Director.
Compensation and Benefits:
This position is part time, non-exempt and hourly at 16-20 hours per week, and has the option of growing over time for the perfect candidate. Salary is commensurate with experience and skills ($16 – $20 per hour), with accrued paid leave. This position includes some weekend and evening work and some out of town and overnight travel. It is based in Bishop, CA.
Please apply via email to Kay Ogden, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application must include a cover letter, resume, and at least three references, two of which should be managers or supervisors. Please refrain from phone calls or drop-ins regarding this position. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Our intent is to fill this position in a timely manner, and the position will remain open until our top candidate is found. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.