#GivingTuesday is a global day for giving and generosity, and what better way to create hope this holiday season than by joining a movement to protect special land for generations to come.
This year’s #GivingTuesday is on December 1st! To celebrate the occasion, a generous longtime donor will again match your gift dollar for dollar up to $20,000. That means your positive impact on the land you love will be doubled when you donate to ESLT by phone at (760) 873-4554 or online on Tuesday, December 1st.
You may also send your #GivingTuesday gift by mail to P.O. Box 755, Bishop, CA 93515. Just mail your gift and make sure to include a note that your gift is in honor of #GivingTuesday. If you’re able to mail your gift in advance, we’ll make sure to include it in the final #GivingTuesday donation count at the end of the day!
What does your positive impact look like? It means protecting special places in the Eastern Sierra like Hunewill Ranch forever. These are places where people find peace, hope, and harmony, and that mule deer, Bi-State sage-grouse, American badger, and more rely on for food, homes, and migration pathways. We have more critical places like Hunewill Ranch in our protection queue right now, and your gift will help save them.
There are many more ways you can give to ESLT, too.
1. Become a monthly donor. In challenging times like these, consistent monthly gifts are more vital than ever. By spreading gifts out over the year and making the giving process automatic, monthly giving is an easy and impactful way to support the land protection work you care about. Plus your automatic monthly donation helps save resources, so more of your gifts go directly towards saving land. You’ll even get a special, exclusive note from Kay each month, updating you about goings-on around ESLT! Join our Bristlecone Grove Monthly Giving Club today and become a part of our sustaining team year round.
2. Ask your employer to match your gift. Many companies will match their employees’ #GivingTuesday donations. If your gift is matched by your employer, and is then additionally matched by a gift from a generous longtime supporter of ESLT, that means your donation to ESLT on December 1st would be tripled! Asking your employer about matching policies is one of the easiest ways to protect more land with your donation. Use this tool to see if your donation is approved to work overtime.
3. Set ESLT as your AmazonSmile recipient organization. If you’re doing your holiday shopping online this year, make sure to support ESLT at no extra charge to you at AmazonSmile! Just use this link to set ESLT as your recipient organization, and then remember to use the smile.amazon.com website instead of the main site. You can set up your Amazon mobile app for AmazonSmile too. Click here for easy instructions! And feel free to reach out anytime to or leave us a message at (760) 873-4554 if you would like any help. We’ll get back to you soon.
4. Give through your donor advised fund (DAF). Donor advised funds allows donors to make charitable contributions that are eligible for tax deductions, and then to recommend grants to their favorite charities from the fund at a later time. Do you have assets in your DAF that could go right to work protecting your special Eastern Sierra places? #GivingTuesday is a great occasion to double the positive impact of those funds. And if you don’t yet have one, a brokerage firm or mutual fund company of your choice can help set up your new DAF today. Try Fidelity, Schwab, or Vanguard.
5. Plan a legacy gift. ESLT can assist you with your personal, financial, and estate planning goals through a donation in your will that shows your love for the Eastern Sierra. Planned giving is a powerful way to protect this incredible region well into the future. Give ESLT’s Executive Director Kay Ogden a call at 760-873-4554 anytime for a confidential conversation about how planned giving can fit in your family’s goals.
6. Volunteer with us! In a normal year, we offer lots of fun opportunities for you to work alongside our team on the land or in the office. Would you like to be contacted as soon as we have safe volunteer opportunities for you? Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call and leave a voicemail at (760) 873-4554 for more information on how you can get involved.
7. Donate photography or artwork. Your beautiful images of the Eastern Sierra can help protect this region for future generations. Reach out to us at email@example.com or 760-873-4554 for more information or to donate your artwork.
8. Give tools. Do you have tools in your shed that don’t see the use they deserve? Perhaps our Land Stewardship Team can put them to use! Reach out to our Land Stewardship Manager Sara Kokkelenberg at or 760-873-4554 to ask if your tools can help care for the land you love.
9. Give office supplies. If you have office supplies you’d like to donate, please reach out to Operations Director Carissa Gospodinoff, at or 760-873-4554.