Garden Restoration Volunteer Day!
April 13 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
A handful of helpful volunteers are needed to join Gabrielle and Kay to prepare the ESLT native plant and pollinator demonstration garden for spring. We will work together towards clearing invasive plants, weeding, and trimming; ultimately preparing for the planting of more native species, and some of Bishop Elementary’s 3rd grade students’ sunflowers for the Sunflower Garden Project!
Come at 9:00am and enjoy some coffee and goodies with your gardening, and stay until we plant our own sunflower seeds to watch grow as you pass by 250 N Fowler Street throughout the season!
This event will be solely outdoors, distanced, and the wearing of masks is required. Please take the following precautions before and during your commitment to this volunteer day:
- Stay home if have a cough, fever or feel unwell
- Take temperature before leaving home; if it is significantly elevated, stay home
- Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water immediately before departing for ESLT event
- Maintain 6’ of distance from others
- Sneeze or cough into a tissue, cloth, or elbow
- Wear a face covering when around others
- Avoid physical contact
- Provide own personal face covering, gloves, hand sanitizer (no sharing)
- Your own gardening gloves
- Any preferred gardening tools (Gabrielle will also have tools available)
- Face mask/covering
For more information and to sign up, please contact Gabrielle, Education Coordinator & AmeriCorps member.
Please check back soon for new opportunities to get out, explore, and get involved in our conservation efforts here in the Eastern Sierra.