Project Description

The donated Montgomery Creek Ranch conservation easement is on a private working farm north of Bishop on Highway 6. Alfalfa is farmed on the ranch’s prime soils, while other portions are used for cattle grazing.

Established in 2005, the conservation easement here protects the ranch’s agricultural as well as water resources – restricting any export of water from the valley.

Originally homesteaded in 1876, the ranch was named after the dramatic 13,441 foot Montgomery Peak which towers above it.

Montgomery Creek Ranch flowers